RoDon's Solar Powered Railroad Warning Signs
- Solar powered Periphery LED Cross Buck Sign manufactured with .080 Highway Grade aluminum, 2 pc. construction, 9" X 48", conforms to railroad signage specifications
- Solar powered Periphery LED Railroad Advance Warning Sign is 1 pc. construction, 30" dia., aluminum sheet metal stamping (.080 thickness), conformas to DOT traffic control signage specifications
- Reflective sheeting is 3M™ DG3™ w/anti-graffiti overlay
- Solar panel with Day-Vix™ management system utilizes a nickel metal hydride (NiHM) battery with a 5+ yrs. lifespan
- Autonomous operation, programmable for 2 modes: Continuous or Dusk-to-Dawn
- 60 flashes/min (1 per sec.) frequency of illumination is MUTCD compliant
- LEDs are high intensity 1-watt Luxeons
ED life expectancy is over 100,000 hrs.
- Full year warranty
LED (light emitting diode) illumination technology was introduced to the traffic signal industry over 20 years ago. It was intended to dramatically improve individual signage visibility to increase driver awareness in any kind of weather.
Today, this same illumination technology is being deployed by the railroad industry, specifically for railroad crossing warning signage in remote rural areas.
RoDon's solar powered railroad crossing signs are in full compliance with MUTCD (Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices) specifications, and will provide recognizable visibility from over 2 miles away.
These signs are self-contained, energy-efficient units and can thus be installed and/or relocated anywhere they are needed, independent of an "outside" power source.
In addition, these hish visibility signs can be programmed to operate autonomously for either low light conditions (dusk to dawn) or for full day operation 24/7. The proprietary circuitry has also been designed to automatically adjust light output for both day and night conditions.